A curated list of awesome things related to Django. Maintained by William Vincent and Jeff Triplett.
Please consider supporting Django by making a donation to the Django Software Foundation, sponsoring via GitHub Sponsors, or buying official merchandise.
- Third-Party Packages
- Python Packages
- Django REST Framework
For a complete listing of all available packages, see Django Packages
- django-grappelli - A jazzy skin for the admin.
- django-jazzmin - Drop-in theme for django admin, that utilises AdminLTE 3 & Bootstrap 4 to make yo’ admin look jazzy.
- django-hijack - Admins can log in and work on behalf of other users without having to know their credentials.
- django-import-export - Django application and library for importing and exporting data with admin integration.
- django-admin-honeypot - Configure a honeypot to see who’s trying to hack your site.
- django-loginas - “Log in as user” for the Django admin.
- impostor - Impostor is a Django application which allows staff members to login as a different user by using their own username and password.
- django-admin-env-notice - Visually distinguish environments in Django Admin, for example:
- django-admin-interface - Customize Admin by the admin itself(color, header. title,logo) and popup windows replaced by modals.
- django-material-admin - Material design for django administration.
- django-related-admin - A helper library that allows you to write list_displays accross foreign key relationships.
- django-rest-framework - Web APIs for Django.
- django-cors-headers - If your back-end and front-end are on different servers, you need this.
- dj-rest-auth - Authentication for Django Rest Framework.
- django-rest-knox - Authentication Module for django-rest-auth.
- djoser - REST implementation of Django auth.
- djaq - An instant remote API to Django models with a powerful query language.
- django-rest-framework-simplejwt - JSON web tokens for DRF.
- django-webpack-loader - Transparently use webpack with Django.
- drf-yasg - Automated generation of real Swagger/OpenAPI 2.0 schemas from Django REST Framework code.
- graphene-django - GraphQL for Django.
- django-ninja - Django Ninja - Fast Django REST framework based on type annotations.
- django-tastypie - Creating delicious APIs for Django apps since 2010.
- django-cachalot - Caches your Django ORM queries and automatically invalidates them.
- django-cacheops - A slick ORM cache with automatic granular event-driven invalidation.
- django-extensions - Custom management extensions, notably
- django-click - Write Django management commands using the click CLI library.
- django-dbbackup - Management commands to help backup and restore your project database and media files.
- confidential - Manage configs and secrets (with CLI support).
- django-environ - Environment variables.
- django-split-settings - Organize multiple settings files.
- django-constance - A Django app for storing dynamic settings in pluggable backends (Redis and Django model backend built in) with an integration with the Django admin app.
- djenv - Load Django settings from environmental variables.
- django-configurations - eases Django project configuration by relying on the composability of Python classes and following principles of the twelve-factor app.
Content Management Systems
- wagtail - Popular Django content management system (CMS). See awesome-wagtail too.
- mezzanine - CMS framework.
- django-cms - CMS for Django.
- feincms - An extensible Django-based CMS.
- puput - Blog app features with Wagtail.
- saleor - GraphQL-based Django E-Commerce Platform.
- django-shop - Django-based shop system.
- shuup - Django E-Commerce Platform.
- django-oscar - Domain-driven e-commerce for Django.
- django-ckeditor - Django admin CKEditor integration.
- django-markdownx - Comprehensive Markdown plugin built for Django.
- django-markdown-editor - Awesome Django Markdown Editor, supported for Bootstrap & Semantic-UI.
- django-wysiwyg-redactor - A lightweight wysiwyg editor for Django.
- django-business-logic - Visual DSL framework for django.
- django-quill-editor - django-quill-editor makes Quill.js easy to use on Django Forms and admin sites.
- django-summernote - Summernote is a simple WYSIWYG editor.
- django-cleanup - Zero configuration file/image removal for local and remote files.
- django-crispy-forms - DRY Django forms.
- django-floppyforms - Full control of form rendering.
- django-formtools - For form previous and multi-step forms, previously part of Django until 1.8.
- django-widget-tweaks - Tweak form field rendering in templates.
- django-autocomplete-light - Add autocompletion to forms.
- django-shapeshifter - A CBV to handle multiple forms in one view.
- Reactor - Phoenix LiveView, but for Django.
- Sockpuppet - Build reactive applications with the Django tooling you already know and love.
- Unicorn - A reactive component framework that progressively enhances a normal Django view, makes AJAX calls in the background, and dynamically updates the DOM.
- django-filter - Powerful filters based on Django QuerySets.
- django-guardian - Per object permissions in Django.
- django-sql-explorer - Share data via SQL queries.
- django-tables2 - HTML tables with pagination/sorting.
- django-guid - Inject a GUID (Correlation-ID) into every log message in a Django request.
- django-fakery - An easy-to-use implementation of Creation Methods for Django, backed by Faker.
- django-lifecycle - Declarative model lifecycle hooks, an alternative to Signals.
- django-model-utils - Django model mixins and utilities.
- django-money - Money fields for forms/models.
- django-mptt - Modified Preorder Tree Traversal; working with trees of Model instances.
- django-phonenumber-field - Model/form field for normalized phone numbers.
- django-taggit - Simple model tags.
- django-reversion - Version control for model instances.
- django-simple-history - Store model history and view/revert changes from the admin.
- django-polymorphic - Django-polymorphic simplifies using inherited models in Django projects.
- django-perf-rec - Keep detailed records of the performance of your Django code.
- New Relic - Time middleware, views, and SQL queries.
- Scout - Time middleware, template rendering, and SQL queries with automatic N+1 detection.
- django-query-profiler - Django query profiler to help resolve N+1 queries.
- django-silk - Live profiling and inspection of HTTP requests and database queries.
- py-spy - Sampling profiler for Python programs.
Search engine optimisation
- django-check-seo - Check SEO of pages.
- django-csp - Adds Content-Security-Policy headers to Django.
- django-feature-policy - Set the draft security HTTP header
Feature-Policyon a Django app.
- django-protected-media - Manages media that are considered sensitive in a protected fashion.
- django-storages - A single library to support multiple custom storage backends for Django.
- easy-thumbnails - Image thumbnails for Django.
- beatserver - A periodic task scheduler for Django.
- django-q - A multiprocessing distributed task queue.
- django-rq - Integration for Redis Queue.
- django-redis - Full featured Redis cache backend for Django.
- celery - Robust and broker-agnostic task queues for bigger, performance-focused projects.
- django-dramatiq - Task processing library with a focus on simplicity, reliability and performance.
- django-debug-toolbar - Configurable panels to debug requests/responses.
- pytest-django - Use pytest features in Django.
- django-test-migrations - Test django schema and data migrations, including migrations’ order.
- django-test-plus - Useful additions to Django’s default TestCase.
- factory-boy - Test fixtures replacement.
- django-waffle - A feature flipper for Django.
- model-bakery - Object factory for Django (rename of legacy Model Mommy project).
- drf-openapi-tester - Django test utility for validating Swagger 2.0 and OpenAPI 3.0 documentation.
- django-google-optimize - Django application designed to make running server side Google Optimize A/B tests easy.
- dj-database-url - Database URLs.
- urlman - A nicer way to do URLs for Django models.
- django-robots - This is a basic Django application to manage robots.txt files following the robots exclusion protocol, complementing the Django Sitemap contrib app.
- django-allauth - Improved user registration including social auth.
- django-organizations - Multi-user accounts for Django projects.
- django-cas-ng - Django-cas-ng is Django CAS (Central Authentication Service) 1.0/2.0/3.0 client library to support SSO (Single Sign On) and Single Logout (SLO).
- django-braces - Reusable, generic mixins.
- django-easy-audit - Keep track of user actions.
- django-extra-views - Extra class-based generic views.
- django-vanilla-views - Simpler class-based views in Django.
- django-stronghold - Makes all your Django views default login_required.
A short list of Python packages that work well with Django.
- bleach - Sanitize your inputs/forms.
- black - Uncompromising Python code formatter.
- coveragepy - Code coverage measurement.
- faker - Faker is a Python package that generates fake data for you.
- huey - A little task queue for Python.
- nplusone - Auto-detect n+1 queries.
- pillow - Python Imaging Library.
- pytest - Testing framework.
- python-decouple - Strict separation of settings from code.
- python-slugify - Returns unicode slugs.
- sentry-python - Error reporting SDK.
- whitenoise - Simplified static file serving for Python websites.
- Project Website - Official Django website.
- Documentation - Comprehensive documentation for all Django versions.
- Polls Tutorial - Build a polls tutorial while learning Django internals.
- Source Code - Hosted on GitHub.
- Django Girls Tutorial - Use function-based views to build a blog app.
- LearnDjango - Tutorials and premium courses on Django and Django REST Framework.
- Adam Johnson - Adam is on the Technical Board of Django and writes regular tutorials.
- TestDriven - Multiple Django-specific tutorials on topics like Docker, payments, and more.
- Classy Class-Based Views - Detailed descriptions of methods/properties/attributes for each generic class-based view.
- Classy Django Forms - Detailed descriptions of methods/properties/attributes for each form class.
- Classy Django REST Framework - Detailed descriptions with methods/attributes for DRF class-based views and serializers.
- Simple is Better than Complex - Regularly updated website with many tutorials and tips on Django.
- Full Stack Python’s Django Page - Explanation of Django philosophy and links to other resources and tutorials.
- RealPython - Many high-quality tutorials on Django.
- Mozilla Tutorial - Create a lending library app.
- Matt Layman - Regular tutorials and deep-dives on Django topics.
- Django Sites - Comprehensive listing of sites built with Django.
- Django Styleguide - Styleguide for Django with best practices and examples.
- Django Template Tags and Filters - Additional docs on Django’s 57 built-in template filters and 27 template tags.
- Django Forum - Discourse Board.
- Community Page - Featuring feeds of Community Blog Posts, Jobs, and more.
- Django Users Google Group - Very active discussion board for questions/answers.
- Developers Google Group - For contributions to Django itself only.
- Twitter - For official announcements on updates, security fixes, etc.
- IRC Channel - Chat with other Django users at irc://irc.freenode.net/django.
- DjangoCon US (YouTube Channel)
- DjangoCon Europe (YouTube Channel)
- Django Day Copenhagen
- PyCon US (YouTube Channel)
- PyCon Australia (YouTube Channel)
- Euro Python (YouTube Channel)
- Django Under the Hood
- Complete listing of all PyCons globally
- Django News - Weekly newsletter on announcements, articles, projects, and talks.
- Django Chat - A weekly podcast from William Vincent and Django Fellow Carlton Gibson with discussions of core Django concepts and regular guests.
- Django Riffs - A new podcast from Matt Layman.
- Running in Production - Focused on tech stacks with many episodes specifically on Django.
- TalkPython - The leading Python podcast with several episodes on Django.
- Podcast Init - A popular Python podcast that features Django guests on occasion.
- Django for Beginners: Build websites with Python and Django
- Django for APIs: Build web APIs with Python and Django
- Django for Professionals: Production websites with Python and Django
- Two Scoops of Django 3.x: Best Practices for the Django Web Framework
- A Wedge of Django: Covers Python 3.8 and Django 3.x
- Speed Up Your Django Tests
- Django 3 by Example
- Django 3 Web Development Cookbook
- Mastering Django
- Build a website with Django 3
- cookiecutter-django - A full-bodied starter project, highly customizable.
- djangox - Batteries included starter project for Pip, Pipenv, or Docker.
- DRFx - A DRF starter with user auth, Pipenv, and other goodies.
- django-project-template - A deliberately basic project that has multiple staging environments and Heroku deployment config.
- docker-django - A quick starter guide for Django and Docker together.
- ponee - A lightweight Django template ready for Heroku.
- wemake-django-template - Bleeding edge Django template focused on code quality and security.
- django2-project-template - A quick starter template with PostgreSQL.
- django-webpack-starter - Django Webpack starter template for using Webpack 4.
- sos-django-template - Django starter template with separate dev and production settings.
- django-docker-heroku-template - A template with Docker, GitHub Actions, and Heroku set up for dev/test/prod, plus various other best practices.
- cookiecutter-vue-django - Django + Vue starter project fusing Vue SFCs & Django Templates.
- launchr - Launchr is a specialized Django starter template for SaaS web apps.
Open Source Projects
- Blog app with users and forms
- Newspaper app with custom user model, full user auth
- pythonic-news - Hacker News clone.
- Behavior-Driven Development with Aloe
- Image Sharing Blog
- Bootcamp: An enterprise social network
- Zulip - Open-source team chat.
- Django-CRM - Open Source Python CRM based on Django.
- django-job-portal - Job portal application using Django.
- Built with Django - Curated list of awesome Django projects.
- PostHog - Open-source product analytics.
- HyperKitty - A web interface to access GNU Mailman v3 archives.
- Healthchecks - A Cron Monitoring Tool written in Python & Django.
Django REST Framework
The most popular way to build web APIs with Django.
- Official REST Framework - A Beginner’s Guide
- DRF Blog API
- Building APIs with Django and DRF
- DRF with React: Todo API
- DRF with React
- Making React and Django play well together
Wagtail, the powerful CMS for modern websites.